Weekend Cancelled Due To Rain

Posted by on Feb 28, 2014 in Event Details, Events, Featured Posts |

Hi Everyone,

We are very disappointed that we had  to cancel the Race Meeting on the weekend (1/2 March ) at the last minute.

The initial weather forecast was way off. We are in a habit of watching the weather forecasts as we approach the race weekends and while we expected rain, 5-10mm as forecast, there was no way of predicting the absolute drenching the area received during the day on Friday. Naturally it is a last resort to call off a race meeting so we left the decision until we had no choice.

By Friday afternoon we had no real alternative with the substantial rain during the day and forecasts for much more. The track had been unable to be prepared and the Cessnock Club representative advised us that the track would be un-ride able for the weekend even if the rain stopped immediately.

We will look at rescheduling the meeting to the date set aside for the Mr VMX meeting if possible but we will keep you updated ASAP.

You can have a refund or hold your entry fee over for the next meeting you attend.

Greg